Public explanations made by 3abn concerning Linda Shelton

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Sam

Public explanations made by 3abn concerning Linda Shelton

Post by Sam »

How anyone could read those heart felt, spirit filled letters and still say Linda was trashed and treat unfairly etc etc...is beyond me. I can feel the agony of both Dr. Walt and Danny as I read the events that took place. Considering they have hard evidence against Linda, I don't imagine legally they had to give her anything, yet, they gave her plenty...including chances.
Last edited by Cynthia on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:00 am America/Denver, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: reply to: http://www.3atalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19 was moved from the Read only forum to the open discussion forum here
Cynthia

RE Public explanations made by 3abn concerning Linda Shelton

Post by Cynthia »

There is a new topic in the "letters and media related to 3abn issues" forum entitled"Public explanations made by 3abn concerning Linda Shelton" which contains the 2 letters which were publicly released by 3abn, and the one broadcast made on the 3abn Live show.

Anyone wishing to comment on, or discuss that topic may do so here in this thread.
~ Cindy
Donna

Re: Public explanations made by 3abn concerning Linda Shelton

Post by Donna »

On, Aug. 2, 08, someone was still publicly accusing Danny Shelton of trashing his ex -wife, Linda, before the public. In the numerous times people have brought this up no one has ever given proof of where he or even 3ABN did this. There is none and never has been because it never happened.

I listened again to the taped telecast where Danny Shelton gave an explanation of why Linda was no longer to be his wife or an employee at 3ABN. In it he did not give specific personal reasons. I re- read the only other public information which was the two letters that Dr. Thompson sent to 3ABN family and family and friends of 3ABN. The first letter, written in July 2004 did not give any personal specific reasons. The second letter he wrote two years later in 2006 in which he talked about specifics that had been and were still being rumored. The same rumors continue on.

How can anyone listen to that tape and read those letters and still believe and say to others that it is trashing Linda. All I could hear and see was love for Linda and my love for Danny and Dr. Thompson and the others who were involved in trying to help Linda, Danny and 3ABN was overwhelming me. I could not begin to write this right then.

Having been in a situation that was somewhat similar I know that Danny could not have faced the world without having put his full faith and trust in the Lord to bring him through it with courage and strength. I was praying my heart out the whole time he talked and sang. I believe there were others who did the same and still do the same when they see or hear the tape. God answered our prayers for Danny, whether they were said at the time it was aired or after. The love of Jesus Christ poured forth through Danny and Dr. Thompson. Our God is an awesome God!
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
Penny

Re: RE Public explanations made by 3abn concerning Linda Shelton

Post by Penny »

Synthian wrote:There is a new topic in the "letters and media related to 3abn issues" forum entitled"Public explanations made by 3abn concerning Linda Shelton" which contains the 2 letters which were publicly released by 3abn, and the one broadcast made on the 3abn Live show.

Anyone wishing to comment on, or discuss that topic may do so here in this thread.
Ian - thanks for posting these documents and link to video. While I am in favor of free speech, I am disappointed that GAJ has come onto this site spewing his venom. (Since the other site has moved their discussion of this site to some venue only accessible by members, I would suppose that he came over here hoping for a larger audience).

And no, personal emails and "un-released" letters are hardly public statements and cannot be described as public trashing on world wide broadcast. If anyone has done a public trashing it is GAJ and Pickle and some others on that bandwagon, who trashed or attempt to do so to anyone and everyone they possibly could, by taking any statement and twisting it and putting it out on the web. Or if not twisting it, taking it out of context or asking leading or mis-leading questions.

For instance, it was reported that the IRS was doing a preliminary check to see if it could substantiate any claims that had been made against 3ABN. 3ABN cooperated fully with the IRS and the IRS determined that the accusations were false, misleading, a waste of IRS time and resources and 100,000 sheets of paper - a waste of its storage facilities. So then up at the other site pops the question "Has 3ABN been cleared of ALL wrongdoing?" (emphasis added). Truth be said, the IRS has dropped its investigation because the accusations were false. Those who were making the accusations didn't know what they were talking about, or else they hoped that they could fool the IRS as they thought they had fooled everyone else.
Penny
steffan

Post by steffan »

Gailon Arthur Joy wrote:Donna,

I can share dozens of e-mails and other "un-released" letters that tell quite a different tale.
I wonder if you would allow the posting of a dozen or so documents that demonstrate another side to the 3ABN personality???
Gailon Arthur Joy
Please post the facts, Gailon. If you have a dozen email and other un-released letters, share them UNEDITED like I did. All other useless verbiage will be trimmed by moderators (NOT me, myself or I).
Last edited by steffan on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:56 am America/Denver, edited 1 time in total.
proffaberf451

Post by proffaberf451 »

Mr. Gailon Arthur Joy,

When reading the totality of your postings (as well as those of Mr. Robert Pickle) on various forums there seems to be an endless stream of claims of "documentation" that seems to be flooding you continually like an endless tsunami. Yet, very little of it ever shows up. Your former web site and it's recently spawned clones seem to display some documentation - however, the way it is used, applied, knitted together and misinterpreted really makes it suspect in terms of effectively supporting your case.

I would imagine that if your willing not to spam this forum with needless content, the admin team would be willing to allow you to present anything (quite different from your site, AT). However, it would need to be unedited and presented without commentary so as to let readers make their own decisions as to it's application - we don't need you telling us what anything means, and speaking for myself I don't want your commentary . . . just the information.

- Prof

Gailon Arthur Joy wrote:Donna,

I can share dozens of e-mails and other "un-released" letters that tell quite a different tale. I believe you know that to be the fact and are either playing "baghdad Bob" or are deluded beyond the help of any known medication.

I wonder if you would allow the posting of a dozen or so documents that demonstrate another side to the 3ABN personality???

I would just love to accomodate your curiousity if you would tolerate such "infamy" against your soul-mates at 3ABN.

Gailon Arthur Joy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Steffan wrote:

Please post the facts, Gailon. If you have a dozen email and other un-released letters, share them UNEDITED like I did. All other useless verbiage will be trimmed by moderators (NOT me, myself or I).

Note:
Actually that would be me, for one...

edited to add : and as the Prof wrote, (looks like at the same time as me)
"I would imagine that if your willing not to spam this forum with needless content, the admin team would be willing to allow you to present anything (quite different from your site, AT). However, it would need to be unedited and presented without commentary so as to let readers make their own decisions as to it's application - we don't need you telling us what anything means, and speaking for myself I don't want your commentary . . . just the information."

In addition, seriously if you have all that, Gailon. Certainly It may be relevant, while clearly not "public trashing"and one of us would even make room and put in the read only forum for all to look at in unbiased manner and without comments, as we are doing with other things.

...and then we could discuss it here , if warranted.

later..
~ Cindy
Donna

Post by Donna »

Gailon,

Since you wrote to me I am giving you the courtesy of answering whether or not it has already been addressed by others.

It is not a question of what I or any moderator would personally allow or tolerate. Everyone is free to state facts or opinions from their viewpoint as long as they are within the forum guidelines. I suggest you review the forum guidelines.

#4 states, “You agree to cite any quoted material with a reference or source.” Anonymous letters and emails would not be allowed. Documents would fall under the same guidelines.

#5 states, “You agree to stay within the topic and address those issues.” #1 is about courtesy. As to whether I am deluded or not or beyond the help of any known medication is hardly the subject in this thread and is not courteous, therefore it would not be allowed.

May we all come to know the truth and in the process come to love each other as our Lord loves us.

Donna
Last edited by Donna on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:17 am America/Denver, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: to clarify meaning
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Actually Penny, your last paragraph describes exactly what happened with the IRS.