Mr. Pickle and Ms. Fran - will not investigate the GC?

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

pbjelly

Mr. Pickle and Ms. Fran - will not investigate the GC?

Post by pbjelly »

This is in connection with the loss of tithe dollars based on investments made by the General Conference. I write over here too to deal with the possibility that I may be prevented from writing further on the AdventTalk forum.

http://www.adventtalk.com/forums/index. ... l#msg13493

I fail to understand the lack of any outcry regarding this troubling transaction. I verified this information with the General Conference.

There is an article referencing this topic at Religious News Online in summary.
http://www.sweenytod.com/rno/modules.ph ... opic&t=101

Silver Spring, Maryland (May 11, 2005)The General Conference Corporation of Seventh-day Adventists has lost millions of dollars in a speculative, high-risk stock venture. As the largest investor in Lifepoint, Inc., the records indicate that between 1997 through 2003, the General Conference had participated in every round of the company's financing, investing what appears to be $19 million into the unproven, high-risk venture. According to the Company's financial statements, Lifepoint never made a profit as the Company accumulated more than $84 million in losses over a span of 13 years, most of which were obtained through investor capital. Unsuccessful in securing additional financing, on April 28, 2005, Lifepoint shut down its operations and assigned its assets to a trustee.

I have found it little worthy of my time to address anything Mr. Gailon writes and will not dignify him with a response.

The reason for lack of action by Mr. Pickle and Ms. Fran over an aspect of finance that affects every tithe-payer in the church is now made clear. There are no upright persons here trying to right a wrong. There are only malicious gossip-mongers who, for some personal reason I am unable to determine, wish to attack the management of 3ABN.

This forum is not advent talk related at all. Advent, by Christian theology definition, relates to the coming of our Lord. Yet, the vast preponderance of writing here seems to be concentrated on the actions of Mr. Gailon and Mr. Pickle as they relate to 3ABN.

May God work on your consciences in order to convict you of the actions you have undertaken.

With hope,
PB
To me this whole debacle has the echo of Glacier View (wrong theology?) and the present "Who Watches, Who Cares", David Hackleman. Are we NOT to 'make accountable' the GC for our tithe, or is our responsibility with our tithe left when it is chucked in the offering plate? hmmmmm out of sight, out of mind. I've washed my hands clean, so beam me on up Lord. Sorry, that was a little cynical for a 70 yr. old. :praying: