Linda Shelton and her Work

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Breezy

Linda Shelton and her Work

Post by Breezy »

(I decided instead of answering Stan in that thread, to start a new one since this goes to a different topic)

Stan, your post has made me realize that Linda Shelton, by being in league with Pickle/Joy has probably ruined any kind of possibility of any career in singing or ministry within the SDA Church, and possibly even without the SDA Church. Since we know Linda is not working, one cannot help but wonder what she is doing and how she lives. Is someone supporting her? I wonder why she won't get a job and work like everyone else? She is not disabled is she?

She has recently hired several lawyers (I think the number was 4) to continue to go after DS for more money from the divorce. Even after the IRS cleared Danny. You have to hand it to Linda, she certainly is a go-getter. She must be in need of more money to live on. But lawyers cost money. Who is financing them?

In actuality, the BOD of 3abn should ask her for the $200,000 plus they gave her at the time of her demise at 3abn because she did not keep the requirements that were stated that went with the $200,000 plus. (Was it $250,000? I'm sure someone knows the exact figure). I wonder if 3abn will do this?
Penny

Re: Linda Shelton and her Work

Post by Penny »

Breezy wrote:(I decided instead of answering Stan in that thread, to start a new one since this goes to a different topic)
In actuality, the BOD of 3abn should ask her for the $200,000 plus they gave her at the time of her demise at 3abn because she did not keep the requirements that were stated that went with the $200,000 plus. (Was it $250,000? I'm sure someone knows the exact figure). I wonder if 3abn will do this?
It would be pointless to go after her. Does she have any resources from which to payback 3ABN? Doesn't appear so. As I see it, requesting the money back (however that would be gone about) would only enrich the lawyers.
Penny
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

As far as I know, 3abn isn't going to ask for that money back. But unfortunately LS did break that agreement.
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Breezy wrote:As far as I know, 3abn isn't going to ask for that money back. But unfortunately LS did break that agreement.
In my opinion, based on the letters to her, 3abn knew she broke the agreement from the get go, and said so to her.
They paid her anyway and kept their part of the agreement, so I do not think it very likely they will ever ask her to pay the 240, 000 dollars back either, but I do think her behind the scenes junk will be brought out into the light of day due to the lawsuit against Pickle and Joy, and many will see her as something other than a poor little victim. It's too bad she didn't choose to step away and disassociate herself from them and others claiming to be friends when she could have.

Speaking of Linda's work though, this thread title reminded me of something I have had questions about for quite some time.

I remember when her webmaster Daryl Mundall registered her website. immediately following her employment being terminated, and her divorce in June of 2004.

She gave a testimony about the Lord talking to her and calling her to do a specific work. She was asking for donations toward that for the longest time, and then without a word of explanation she suddenly just removed that as if it never existed...

I never understood why, if she got that money from 3abn, plus the money from Danny buying out her part of the house and furnishings etc, either 125,000 or 150,000 ( I forget right now) plus another 100,000 from her Doctor friend (all in 2004) did she not have the 5-6 thousand dollars she said was needed? And what if anything happened to the donations? or did she get none? I don't know...

Anyway.

Originally she had this on her website in her questions and answers section:
:
Q: What are you doing now and what are your plans for the future?

A: Ministry is what my life is about. I go where the Lord opens the doors in a speaking, singing and ministering ministry.
Which she changed to this Aug 20, 2004:
Q: What are your plans for the future?

A:In the beginning, in the face of worldwide humiliation through circulated rumors, I really felt that my ministry was over. But one evening the Lord brought a song to my remembrance that I had not sung in at least 15 years. The song says, “Lord, please move me with compassion for the lost I pray; for the millions who are lost and cannot find their way. Melt my calloused heart with love no matter what the cost. Lord, please move me with compassion for the lost.” As I softly sang the verses and choruses of this song, the Holy Spirit drew so near to my heart and said, “I’m not finished with you yet, you will work for Me.” The Lord has confirmed this with other incidents as well. I told the Lord that especially under the circumstances, He would have to open the doors and “clean up the mess.” He said he would do this.

As well as writing the newsletters and magazines at 3ABN, I was also in charge of the TV production studios since the very beginning of 3ABN. I formatted new programs and chose hosts and guests for the programs seen on 3ABN. Additionally, I was directly involved in the management of the 3 production studios and the Production Truck, which obtained programming on the road. Especially considering my experience is unique in the SDA Church, I feel that I need to use this experience for the Lord. The Lord has laid on my heart to begin a production studio which will produce Christ-centered programs on a full-time basis. These programs can be shown on other networks and local Christian stations. One thing I learned at 3ABN is that there is never too many Christian programs. There is a huge demand for high quality Christ-centered programs that bring God’s message to the hearts of searching people.

Already I have been approached by some who are willing to support this production studio. Although their funding is not available right now, their desire to help has encouraged me so much...and I’m ready to get started. It is estimated that the legal work to obtain a non-profit status in Illinois will cost approximately 5-6 thousand dollars. This is the first step. If the Lord is laying a burden on your heart to help with this stepping stone of faith, please send your donations to P.O. Box 2202, Carbondale, IL 62902. THANK YOU so much!!

Then changed it back a year later on August 25, 2005, as either the Lord didn't tell her that afterall, or she no longer chose to answer him by doing as he led:
Q: What are you doing now and what are your plans for the future?

A: Ministry is what my life is about. I go where the Lord opens the doors in a speaking, singing and ministering ministry.
all the quotes above and more can be found in the internet archives for her website:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.lindashelton.org
~ Cindy
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Gailon Arthur Joy wrote: edited since entire Gailon Arthur Joy post without proof
Wow Gailon, I had no idea you were this involved In Linda's affairs. Are you working with her legal team along with all your other duties? Will she even return your call? How about Bob Pickle, will she return his calls?
Penny

Post by Penny »

princessdi wrote:edited - pointless post
Maybe it is time for Linda to come out and answer questions herself and tell the truth of her side of the story, instead of using others to do it for her. As it currently stands Danny has been painted as the villain and Linda the innocent, helpless and hapless victim. When the truth comes out we will likely find that neither is anywhere near the truth, despite all the "evidence" that Pickle/Joy says they have.

As far as hiring who I assume you mean to be Gloria Allred - perhaps she would have taken Linda's case, though I feel Ms Allred has bigger fish to fry and would have little, if anything to gain, in this instance.
Penny
Sam

Post by Sam »

Gailon Arthur Joy wrote:
Rodney wrote:
Wow Gailon, I had no idea you were this involved In Linda's affairs. Are you working with her legal team along with all your other duties? Will she even return your call? How about Bob Pickle, will she return his calls?
She called last week...needed information for her attorney. But, would you like me to ask the next time she does call?
As to being involved, well have had a load of leads to follow over the past few months and just chasing those stories.

Gailon Arthur Joy
Just a few months ago you said that Linda thought that you and Pickle had leprosy and had pretty much turned on you. I assume you have kissed and made up?
Penny

Post by Penny »

Sunny wrote:
Gailon Arthur Joy wrote:
Rodney wrote:
She called last week...needed information for her attorney. But, would you like me to ask the next time she does call?
As to being involved, well have had a load of leads to follow over the past few months and just chasing those stories.

Gailon Arthur Joy
Just a few months ago you said that Linda thought that you and Pickle had leprosy and had pretty much turned on you. I assume you have kissed and made up?
Hmmm....kissed and made up? From what I've read Joy doesn't like it when anyone turns on him...so I shouldn't be surprised if there was a little coercion used to get that kiss.

But to "Linda Shelton and her work" - whatever ministry she is doing, God be with her. If she can blass some with her singing and ministry, be happy for her.

There have been all sorts of accusations, but no proof, that she is being thwarted in her attempts to minister - no evidence presented at all.
Penny