Gardenerl/Housekeeper

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Stan

Re: Gardenerl/Housekeeper

Post by Stan »

If I was the Chairman of the Board....

I would want to make sure that an Employee/Director like Danny (or anyone like him), was not spending his day doing work that I could pay minimum wage workers could do, when he/she could be far more productive.

This is not a mom/pop operation.

Can you imagine a MD taking a day off work every week to do so much of that kind of work, when they could be earning significant more? The things Danny would do to make 3ABN work, or any other corporation work, should not involve spending too much time doing things that would not grow an upstart company.

I find it ironic, that so many know how to run a multi million dollar organization, yet can not run their own lives.

Same in Church Boards or Conference Sessions, so much of what is said would be boo'ed out of any other Corporate Shareholders meetings. Next time you go to one, listen with those ears.

Just my thoughts...
Stan

Post by Stan »

The thing that made America and Europe economically strong, was the division of labour. Not everyone doing everything, but specializing.

I am sure there are days the various leaders would want to do the housekeeping etc rather than the pressures they go through with actions that need to be made. There are a lot of tough calls, tough actions, Tough decisions that have to be made to build, and keep on reinventing an upstart.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

The thing that made America and Europe economically strong, was the division of labour. Not everyone doing everything, but specializing.

I am sure there are days the various leaders would want to do the housekeeping etc rather than the pressures they go through with actions that need to be made. There are a lot of tough calls, tough actions, Tough decisions that have to be made to build, and keep on reinventing an upstart.

This is not the issue as you knew full well when posting. The issue was can DS accommplish all of this on his stated salary.
Or is he using part of the assests of 3ABN to enjoy this hobby or enterprise? That type of behaviour may be what you think made Ameria great. There are those that disagree But many people do that and get by with it.

Tough decisions that have to be made to build, and keep on reinventing an upstart.
I imagine that it would be a tough call having to make sure it is not seen for what it may be

This is the type of stuff Gailon and Bob pull. Inserting a meaning or words of someone else to make it say what you wish it said instead of what actually said
Stan

Post by Stan »

O Brother... some of the things ... just..
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

O Brother... some of the things ... just..

I am sure it does
Stan

Post by Stan »

You have never studies economics have you?
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

"]You have never studies economics have you?
And you have never run this type of business have you??
Strange question. Are you implying that a course in economics is necessary to know you cannot mix non-profit with personal income? My course in "economics" was in doing very similar for 17 years sucessfuly

If the personal income is there I couldn't care less if he had a 100 horses and had a stable hand for each.
I am fairly certain you knew what I meant.

Again, it does not take a study in economics to know you cannot intermingle with non-profit.
No one even hinted that using personal finances for personal pleasure was wrong. But you know that.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

DS answered some questions concerning his horse situation. In fact it raises more questions than it answers.
There have been 4-5 stories,firat hand accounts as people either knew DS and had been in his home or 3ABN. DS has now thrown a new story into the mix.

I believe it was Sam that gave his account. In trying to overdramitize what had been said it was answered that I or others wanted to deprive him of a pet etc. Then it was denied it was a business I believe and proof of was that DS had to sell a stallion (because of to close a bloodline) to be able to afford such a hobby.

Then there was DS went to buy his own feed as another proof that he could afford these on 94,000.00 or less I might add.

We have many helping. DS family pitches in when he is gone,which is alomost non-stop. When they can't DS hires help.
I am sure you know all the reasoning so far. Now there is a little wrinkle in the ever changing story.

DS answers on C/A
I do have a number of horses. I'm officially half owner of approx. 10 now. I recently had two die. A 2008 baby died shortly after birth and the mother had to be put down by the Vet. sometime later due to complications.I take care of the feeding of all of my own horses. Jim Gilley will occasionlly feed for me if I need him too.

What he owns now wasn't really the question,it was what did he own when he was claiming charitible donations to another ministry?
He claims to be only half owner. Was he at the time in question when he made the "little mistake" in wanting to claim cash value instead of accurate aprraised value. value for
From the statement concerning mare and foal would seem his breeding program continues. No law against having a business.
No mention tho of a third party needing receipt for cash value of horses. Again, when did the horses become a partnership?

In general I have always taken care of my own horses, though for about a year or two, one of my salaried employees, David Everett, felt that the Lord had impressed him to help me with their care. He came before work every morning so 3ABN would not be paying him. He considered it a ministry. I've heard all kinds rumors concerning this and have yet to hear the truth. It's situations like this where I could see the need in the church for a book about "The Church Rumor Mill". Thanks for asking.

These horses of DS has quite the ministry. Even donating two to a ministry much like his own.
How could the "in general" be accurate when it has already been claimed he was on the go almost non-stop. If this hay land is on 3ABN property wouldn't DS have to show the purchase of according to market value??

I don't have a fancy barn or stables in fact my barn is only 27'x47' which does not house any horses. I'm grateful to Jim Gilley for loaning me his barn. There are no fancy stables. Only cheap OSB board that can be bought for several dollars a 4'x8' sheet for stall petitions. There are no fancy sliding stall doors or anything else fancy in the barn. There are no wash racks with concrete floors nor concrete period. In fact the barn does not even have any glass windows. In the winter I always cover the window frames up with plywood to help keep the wind and rain out!

This barn, which is now Jims barn, cost $23,000 to build. I had a local comp. build it for me nearly 10 years ago. You can't build much of a barn and stables on less than twenty five thousand. I'm sorry for you critics you may want to look somewhere else if your looking for extravaganza!

Here is the overdramatizaton again. Nothing was said that even comes remotely closw to "fancy barn or stables or sliding doors" . Of course wash racks and such were not part of any statement that I am aware of. Extremes get thrown in here to make others look dishonest or just spreading rumor.
DS also may want to be careful of housing horses in a barn as he describes. Doesn't work well.
DS all stories that have been given in regards to the horses is true. Doesn't work of course but sounds great
DS has horse only for hobby
DS sells to pay for hobby
DS has only 6-7 horses,counting a pony.
DS has 10 now due to the fact he lost two
DS is in partnership with horses.
Family takes care of horses when he is gone which is almost non-stop
No, DS has generally cared for his own.
He purchases his feed.
No,DS bales his own,
No,it is baled on 3ABN property.
DS hires company to build an inappropriate barn for horses.
DS donates two horses from this hobby/business/partnership to a very similar ministry to 3ABN.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

[quote="odie1962"]DS answered some questions concerning his horse situation. In fact it raises more questions than it answers.
There have been 4-5 stories,firat hand accounts as people either knew DS and had been in his home or 3ABN. DS has now thrown a new story into the mix.

I believe it was Sam that gave his account. In trying to overdramitize what had been said it was answered that I or others wanted to deprive him of a pet etc. Then it was denied it was a business I believe and proof of was that DS had to sell a stallion (because of to close a bloodline) to be able to afford such a hobby.

Then there was DS went to buy his own feed as another proof that he could afford these on 94,000.00 or less I might add.

We have many helping. DS family pitches in when he is gone,which is alomost non-stop. When they can't DS hires help.
I am sure you know all the reasoning so far. Now there is a little wrinkle in the ever changing story.

DS answers on C/A
I do have a number of horses. I'm officially half owner of approx. 10 now. I recently had two die. A 2008 baby died shortly after birth and the mother had to be put down by the Vet. sometime later due to complications.I take care of the feeding of all of my own horses. Jim Gilley will occasionlly feed for me if I need him too.

What he owns now wasn't really the question,it was what did he own when he was claiming charitible donations to another ministry?
He claims to be only half owner. Was he at the time in question when he made the "little mistake" in wanting to claim cash value instead of accurate aprraised value. value for
From the statement concerning mare and foal would seem his breeding program continues. No law against having a business.
No mention tho of a third party needing receipt for cash value of horses. Again, when did the horses become a partnership?

In general I have always taken care of my own horses, though for about a year or two, one of my salaried employees, David Everett, felt that the Lord had impressed him to help me with their care. He came before work every morning so 3ABN would not be paying him. He considered it a ministry. I've heard all kinds rumors concerning this and have yet to hear the truth. It's situations like this where I could see the need in the church for a book about "The Church Rumor Mill". Thanks for asking.

These horses of DS has quite the ministry. Even donating two to a ministry much like his own.
How could the "in general" be accurate when it has already been claimed he was on the go almost non-stop. If this hay land is on 3ABN property wouldn't DS have to show the purchase of according to market value??

I don't have a fancy barn or stables in fact my barn is only 27'x47' which does not house any horses. I'm grateful to Jim Gilley for loaning me his barn. There are no fancy stables. Only cheap OSB board that can be bought for several dollars a 4'x8' sheet for stall petitions. There are no fancy sliding stall doors or anything else fancy in the barn. There are no wash racks with concrete floors nor concrete period. In fact the barn does not even have any glass windows. In the winter I always cover the window frames up with plywood to help keep the wind and rain out!

This barn, which is now Jims barn, cost $23,000 to build. I had a local comp. build it for me nearly 10 years ago. You can't build much of a barn and stables on less than twenty five thousand. I'm sorry for you critics you may want to look somewhere else if your looking for extravaganza!

Here is the overdramatizaton again. Nothing was said that even comes remotely closw to "fancy barn or stables or sliding doors" . Of course wash racks and such were not part of any statement that I am aware of. Extremes get thrown in here to make others look dishonest or just spreading rumor.
DS also may want to be careful of housing horses in a barn as he describes. Doesn't work well.
DS all stories that have been given in regards to the horses is true. Doesn't work of course but sounds great
DS has horse only for hobby
DS sells to pay for hobby
DS has only 6-7 horses,counting a pony.
DS has 10 now due to the fact he lost two
DS is in partnership with horses.
Family takes care of horses when he is gone which is almost non-stop
No, DS has generally cared for his own.

He purchases his feed.
No,DS bales his own,
No,it is baled on 3ABN property.
DS hires company to build an inappropriate barn for horses.
DS donates two horses from this hobby/business/partnership to a very similar ministry to 3ABN.

There are no fancy stables. Only cheap OSB board that can be bought for several dollars a 4'x8' sheet for stall petitions. There are no fancy sliding stall doors or anything else fancy in the barn. There are no wash racks with concrete floors nor concrete period. In fact the barn does not even have any glass windows. In the winter I always cover the window frames up with plywood to help keep the wind and rain out!

Remarkable that anyone that raises horses ,enough so he is in partnership with others, would even repeat this
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

I wonder why we have four books of the Bible--Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. All telling their version of the same story, all focusing on specifics that were important to them. Some even look like they contradict each other. But all were telling the truth.

What I'm saying is that the stories you heard from those who support 3abn were true ones to their knowledge and what those who wrote them out remembered. We are all human beings and we all look at the same things in a different way.

The story that DS wrote about the horses--came from the "horses mouth" so to speak and you should take that version as the closest to being accurate. I mean afterall, why NOT? It doesn't mean the others were "lying" or "prevaricating the truth."

Really--if someone wants to make a big deal about the "horses" they just don't have enough to do in their day.