Tommy Shelton

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

uncovering truth

Re: John C. Manly

Post by uncovering truth »

By their fruits ye shall know them.

Three points:

1. Alex has yet to provide evidence of a settlement. His hiding behind a, "you're not using your real name" is a tired approach he, no doubt, picked up from Duane. If you have the truth, can dispel what you claim is untruth, it shouldn't matter who challenged you - just "put up or shut up."

2. Duane has joined Johann justifying their out right fabrications with a, "see how it feels" rationalization. This is simply an admission that he lied, knew it, did it intentionally, and now feels justified in doing so because, "he taught you a lesson."

3. To even the most rudimentary of readers it is clear that you never stated you had the reports in hand. However, Alex has yet to deny the accusation. It might be interesting to note that the facts, as presented, came from those involved in reporting the incident - therefore they would know for certain if there are official documents in regards to the situation. Their testimony has been verified.

The claims of "victimizing the victims" are off-base as well. This information puts into clear context the people and events in this case. It is also clear that Alex is less than forthright as he has slowly changed his story on his orientation as more and more evidence has been produced. The next truth to uncover would be when the occurrence involving Alex occurred in chronological relationship to his accusations against Tommy Shelton. The immediate assumption of AT regulars like the newly re-named "Murcielago" of course is, that Alex's indiscretion came after the alleged events with Tommy Shelton. This should be easy enough to determine by checking with the authorities to whom the event was reported.
Cynthia wrote:
uncovering truth wrote:
Alex Walker wrote:I am not posting anything demanded by a spinless coward, who can't use his/her real name. Identify yourself then we will talk.
That is merely a cop out to avoid providing the information. If you really had the information and you really could refute the claims, you would post it. It is immaterial if you know my name, it's immaterial if I know your name. You are making claims that are unfounded. You have the chance to clear them up so that all the readers who meet your arbitrary "real name" requirement can see if you are lying or telling the truth. If you really care about truth being presented post the settlement papers. I think it safe to say that, even if I did post under a "real name" you would find some other excuse to avoid posting what you don't have.
wow, uncovering truth, he called you spinless.. unlike himself and Spinmaster Pickle, sorry, but lol..

You are correct it was a cop out. Alex can't provide support for a lie, as there is none, so all he is left with is posting insults to you and more lies and accusing me of what he himslf does, after first spinning what I said. This is the only thing I ever posted about police reports:

" I can't believe you had the arrogance to stand in your glass house and throw rocks, and thought you were going to keep this hidden when there are the police reports -- and all on AT as well as yourself want to make all into a media circus."

So he claims I said this instead: "Cindy posted that she had police reports to back up a claim against me" when I posted no such thing, and begins demanding I post evidence to prove something I never even said, and finding fault with me for not doing so... and even created a whole new thread on AT to criticize and find fault with me and insult me, all based on him jumping to unwarranted and false conclusions. He's over there posting this:"So Cindy are you willing to withdraw your claims or are you going to apologize? This is your chance to show all that you aren't a hypocrite and two faced. I'll be waiting....." I guess he'll be waiting for a long time as I am most certainly not going to withdraw a claim I never even made...

This to me just proves that he and others don't bother to even read before they begin reacting and attacking and making false accusations. Further evidence of this is Duane Clem's reply to my attempt to clarify things to Alex and correct his false take. Alex posted : "You claim there is police reports, so prove it! Let's see them."and I answered: "You know there are reports. Anytime legal action is taken there are reports, but it doesn't follow I have copies of them to post according to your demands. I don't." and Duane posts this in reply:"Well, I never thought I would see it, but Cindy admitted she lied. She says she DOESN'T have any police reports after all. Imagine that! " Yes, he did imagine that, asI didn't lie, much less admit to lying but once again, we see that they can't let the facts get in the way of a good story...

Meanwhile...Alex did claim he received a settlement but ignored the request for evidence or proof with all the diversionary attacks and faultfinding of me and is only accusing me of what he himself is guilt of, AND-- he and every one else on AT are also apparently focussing on me so they can pretend that Alex's escapade with an 8 year old boy was never brought up, either that or they simply don't care what those who join them in attacking and trying to bring down 3ABN do or say or are guilty of as long as they help them with their agenda...

It's pitiful...
Cynthia

Re: John C. Manly

Post by Cynthia »

From Adam today
:ROFL: Not even that, but why are they accusing Alex of the same thing they defend their hero of? Even if it is true, I do not see how that even compares to what Tommy did....
Quote from: Adam on Today at 01:48:22 PM
Continued from my last post:

On August 22nd Cindy posted this:
According to Dryden and others he didn't even know of any in Virginia when he wrote to 3ABN years later in 2003 about allegations in Illinois, and according to others such as the police, the DA, the Church of God Council and the only witness to the events in the Illinois COG there was nothing to the allegations in Illinois...
On April 30th she stated this:
(even though they were allegedly already investigated by his church and local police and all resolved in the past also)
Sunny posted this on Dec, 15, 2008:
Many years ago the police, lead by an Illinois State Policeman looked at the allegations and heard both sides and decided to drop any further investigation as there was no merit in what the accuser(s) said. That is a fact: It is a matter of record.
Cindy posted this on Dec, 12, 2008:
The only allegation against TS reported to the police was by Brad Dunning's Mother and Grandfather in the mid 80's and TS had his ministerial liscence suspended pending the investigation. They did not find it of merit, and TS returned as Pastor of that Church. Not in the SDA conference btw, this was all in the Church of God.
The list goes on and on........ Yet, Cindy acknowleges this:

you weren't charged

Yet, after defending Tommy by saying that the police investigation was done proved that he was innocent she continues to degrade Alex by saying:
Legal action had to be taken and although you weren't charged, it doesn’t change the fact that you, Alex were caught with the child.
Please tell me if this makes any sense at all??

No, it doesn't make sense. Apparently, unlike the accusations against Tommy, in Alex's case he was caught in the act and denies nothing. His case was not dismissed without merit as Tommy's was after being investigated.. There was a witness other than the 8 yr old little boy, and although all have falsely accused all defending 3abn of defending child molestation and a child abuser, none have. We have merely always said he has the right to be innocent till proven guilty and has no record or convictions.You on the other hand say about Alex's escapade , "even if true it isn't as bad as what Tommy did..." Excuse me? ALL CHILD MOLESTATION IS HEINOUS and wrong, and NO ONE will be defending Tommy if he is proven guilty, and all know if he pleads guilty he forfeits the right for us to defend him. So tell all this to the 8 yr old. You and your argument s disgust me.
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Re: Answering Duane Clem, again...

Post by Cynthia »

Duane Clem posted:
My, my. You are really slipping, Cindy. You forgot to repeat the post under Jamie Smith at your site, and posted under your name. I guess that mystery is solved now. LOL

??? Sorry, I don't know what mystery you are referring to... but fyi, I can talk to whoever I like on my own time, and post whatever I choose to within our forum guidelines.

Next he posted:
BTW, I dare you to try to call my family members and turn them against me, as you have been doing recently with someone else. Would you like that little bit of info to be released, Miss Snake In The Grass? You have proven beyond all doubt that you are not out to help anyone except an admitted child molestor. I frankly don't believe you were ever an abuse victim as you claim. Your actions prove this to be nothing but another cheap trick you use to draw victims into your web of lies and deceit. You've been unmasked, Cindy. Game over. You're out of quarters.
I have long since come to the point where I could care less what you believe, and I have never worried about your threats, insults,or false accusations, but for what it may be worth to others? I have no idea what you are talking about here. I have called no one that you could possibly be referring to, much less tried to turn anyone's family against them, and I absolutely, positively will not be calling you or your family, and have no desire, or need to. Phone records from both parties you are referring to (??) as well as emails etc can verify all if ever needed. So if you have evidence and proof for ANY of your claims, post it, otherwise hush up, as you just look silly and petty and vindictive to me. In the meantime Adam and Alex in accord with your insults and put downs claim that it's not about me, remember? ;) Maybe you should all start proving that with your words and actions... There are certainly more important things to worry about, and live for...
~ Cindy
steffan

Re: Answering Duane Clem

Post by steffan »

Duane Clem says
Yeah buddy. We should talk. Steffan needs a wake-up call too, I think.
I think Pickle is the one that needs a wake up call, considering that he has spent a good amount of time persuading Alex Walker to come up with a false accusation, and now to find out that Alex is not only a liar but is actually a child molestor. Pickle is now faced with the fact that one of his supporters and the one he supports is a child molestor? How about that, Pickle? Surely you're going to condemn Alex Walker to the fires of hell, right?
Nikolas

Alex Walker and Dennis Turley

Post by Nikolas »

A Court file below. This is what Alex and Dennis will face in Court.

III. WEAKNESSES IN THE COMMONWEALTH’S CASE

A. Alex Walker

Alex Walker, a victim in this case, has made several documented inconsistent statements. In November 2008, Mr. Walker gave a report to Detective Pirnat. In that report, he stated that “on five to six occasions,” Mr. Shelton “touch[ed] his penis over his clothing.” (Commonwealth’s Resp. to Def’s. Req. for Disc.) (Emphasis added).

Just a month later in December 2008, Mr. Walker gave another report to Chief Pusey of the Oblong, Illinois Police Department. In that report, he again stated that Mr. Shelton touched “him in the penis area on the outer path [sic] of his clothing.” (Id.) (Emphasis added). Mr. Walker added that this took place “four or five times.” (Id.) (Emphasis added). He also stated that, “at no point did Shelton ask him or force him to touch him in any way.” (Id.)

However, at the preliminary hearing in May 2010, Mr. Walker’s account was significantly different. On direct examination, he stated that Mr. Shelton would touch his penis “under” his clothing by “stroking and rubbing . . . through the zipper.” (Prelim. Hr’g Tr. at 29-30.)1 He stated that this occurred “three or four” times. (Id. at 31.) (Emphasis added).

Then, in his “Victim Impact Statement” contained in the Presentence Investigation Report prepared for this case, Mr. Walker, for the first time, graphically describes an incident when Mr. Shelton, “forced himself upon me . . . groped my genitals, masturbated me, and then masturbated himself until he ejaculated onto me.” At no point prior to this statement did Mr. Walker describe any use of “force” or any similar sexual acts.

In addition, all occasions alleged by Mr. Walker, except for one, took place near a bike path in Fairfax County. (See id.) According to the testimony, Mr. Walker’s brother would leave him alone with Mr. Shelton during visits to the brother’s Virginia home. (Prelim. Hr’g Tr. at 27.) The other, alleged for the first time at the preliminary hearing, apparently occurred in a church kitchen. (Id. at 31.) However, no details of that account were provided.

The problems with Mr. Walker’s credibility are readily apparent, and his erratic and inconsistent statements would be subject to attack at trial. “A witness may be impeached by showing that he has made statements inconsistent with his trial testimony. Both oral and written contradictory statements are normally admissible for this purpose.” Bradshaw v. Commonwealth, 16 Va. App. 374, 381, 429 S.E.2d 881, 885 (Va. Ct. App. 1993) (internal citations omitted).

In each of the preceding statements by Mr. Walker, the number of alleged occasions decreases, while the level of detail and depravity of his allegations increases. His most gruesome allegations are conspicuously absent from both of his initial reports to police. Mr. Walker’s glaring lack of credibility is a major piece of exculpatory evidence. This fact was acknowledged by the Commonwealth in its Brady disclosure contained in its Response to Defendant’s Request for Discovery, which was turned over to the defense shortly after the preliminary hearing.

In addition, Mr. Walker’s own family does not find his story credible. For example, Bradley and Valerie Walker, Mr. Walker’s brother and sister-in-law, both attest that Mr. Walker was never left in the care of Mr. Shelton, and hence would never have had occasion to be alone with him on a bike path. (Bradley and Valerie Walker e-mail dated October 19, 2010.)

Deon and Geneva Walker, Mr. Walker’s parents, also state that Mr. Shelton never cared for Mr. Walker during his childhood. (Deon and Geneva Walker e-mail dated October 18, 2010). Mr. Walker’s parents also point out that while he asks this Court to impose a “heavy” sentence in his Victim Impact Statement, the truth of the matter is that Mr. Walker hopes this Court will “accept the plea bargain and no harm would come to Tommy.” (Id.) His mother explains these inconsistencies by Mr. Walker’s propensity to “hurt others to gain from their misfortune.” (Id.)

B. Dennis Turley and Joann Turley

Dennis Turley, one of the victims in this case, was arrested for grand larceny on March 22, 2001. He subsequently pled guilty to the amended charge of petit larceny in the General District Court of Henrico County. (See Case No. GC01016792-00.) It is well settled that “a party [may] cross-examine a witness concerning the latter's prior conviction of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude as a means to impeach the testimony of such witness.” Tasker v. Commonwealth, 202 Va. 1019, 1024, 121 S.E.2d 459, 463 (1961).

Ms. Turley is Dennis Turley’s grandmother. At the time these allegations first surfaced, Ms. Turley, rather than alerting the police, “reacted by calling to confront Pastor Shelton,” and demanded that he “financial [sic] compensate Dennis for what he did, to help pay for counseling and college tuition.” (Commonwealth’s Resp. to Def’s. Req. for Disc.) These statements were disclosed to the defense in the Commonwealth’s Brady disclosure. If Ms. Turley testified at trial, such an admission is clear evidence of bias, and of both a financial and emotional stake in the prosecution of this case. See generally Henning v. Thomas, 235 Va. 181, 188, 366 S.E.2d 109, 113 (1988) (“anything tending to show the bias on the part of a witness may be drawn out.”) (Emphasis in original).

The financial stake in the outcome of this case is further evidenced by the fact that a demand letter was sent to 3ABN by counsel for both Mr. Turley and Mr. Walker on August 17, 2010, less than a month after Mr. Shelton’s guilty plea. The demand seeks compensatory damages based on the charges in this case.
Jack

Re: Alex Walker and Dennis Turley

Post by Jack »

Welcome Nikolas. Your just full of surprises. First the Linda bombshell, now this. It would seem there are some problems with the commonwealth attorneys case against Tommy Shelton. That should be fairly obvious to all who look at it analytically, even if they do have an opinion about his guilt or innocence. The Prosecutor is on Dennis and Alex's side, and presenting the case against Tommy, but she herself, if the newspaper articles I have read are accurate, acknowledges that. Perhaps that is why she and the two young men were so eager to accept the plea bargain? I don't know. I am just asking as Judge Bellows reportedly did. Here is what the Prosecutor reportedly answered according to the Washington Post on July 19, 2010:
Stott said she had discussed the proposal with the two victims, and the risks of going to trial, and they had accepted it.

She said the only evidence would be the two men's testimony about events up to 15 years ago, that Shelton had not spoken to police and had no prior criminal record.
The latest Washington Post article (Tuesday, November 16, 2010) has a quote from her where she further elaborates:
Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney Katherine E. Stott said she did not want to submit her two victims, each almost 30 years old, to potentially grueling trials with the possibility of acquittals. Listing the factors that led her to agree to the deal, Stott said: The events occurred separately, so the cases would be tried separately. There were no corroborating witnesses or forensic evidence. There was no confession; Shelton's plea could not be used against him. The victims made inconsistent statements. Shelton would have witnesses testify positively about him. The events happened about 15 years ago. Juries want forensic evidence, and they don't want any doubt before convicting a pastor of a sex offense.
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Between Jack and Nikolas, well! there is a lot to digest here.

Welcome Nikolas to this forum, I really appreciate your posts.
Truth

Post by Truth »

I do not believe Alex Walker, that there is a third victim. According to statements by his own parents and siblings, Alex Walker lies all the time. This is just another one.

Also, if you must know, Dick Nunez left 3ABN under the best of circumstances. But of course you won't believe that right? No problem--why not find his phone number and ask him personally. I'm sure he would be glad to talk to you. Remember: Matthew 18? In the Bible. It really is there if you look for it.
Truth

Post by Truth »

Bob Pickle does not tell the truth either. He is about as christian as the devil.
Nikolas

Court Information

Post by Nikolas »

1. Fact: Tommy Shelton rejected another plea deal from his attorney.

2. Fact: Tommy Shelton has chosen to go to Court.

3. Fact: When what Alex has told in Court is proven to be lies, Tommy will have no choice but to sue for his court expenses.

4. Fact: There has been some talk that Tommy Shelton's attorney advised him to sue.

This came from friends.