Tommy Shelton

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Cynthia

Re: DT...

Post by Cynthia »

Jamie wrote: The Alex show appears to have run it's course. What do we know about the claims of the other alleged victim?

According to Bob Pickle, if we compile his posts and court filings and claims, and IF this is correct...

We also know this...
Answer from Bob Pickle
Quote from: princessdi on July 25, 2010, 03:23:31 PM
Ok, so I am totally confused(not being able to come here everyday). Ok so what? Alex, are you one of the young men that TS is now on trial for molesting?
Correct, Di. Alex Walker, Brad Walker's brother, is one of them, and the fellow we reported about in late 2006 is the other.
Answer from Bob Pickle
Quote from: Pat Williams on July 26, 2010, 05:39:32 PM
NOTHING about the current case was known or publicized. The News papers plainly say 2 alleged victims came forward in 2008...
Correction: Dryden made his announcement on December 3, 2006. See http://www.save-3abnNOT.com/tommy-shelton-new-12-2006-va-allegations.htm where Dryden says:

Three instances of misconduct on the part of Tommy Shelton while he served as pastor at the Community Church of God, Dunn Loring, Virginia, have been reported to me in the brief time I have served as pastor of this congregation.

The most egregious of these instances involved a male who was a minor at the time.
The one who was a minor went to the authorities...
[Note: meaning the other two instances of whatever misconduct is being alleged, and whatever Dryden is accusing Tommy of, did not involve minors...]

Bob posted this:
------- Original Message ------ --
Subject: Re: blacksdacom POSTING
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 20:25:25 -0500

Dear Bob,

I am sure we share similar emotions regarding this matter. Perhaps an argument may
be made for the criticism you have received regarding the e-mail postings, but I
should tell you that they have served to make me comfortable communicating with
both you and Mr. Joy and if they serve to put pressure on Danny and Tommy, you
may carry the criticism as a badge of commendation.

You should know that I have FAXed to Mr. Joy a copy of Mr. Riva's letter to me
dated June l3, 2003, along with excerpts from my reply to Mr. Riva...

You may quote me by name on anything except the fact that I am personally aware
that Tommy Shelton molested a young man here in Virginia in the mid to late 1990s.
Give me until after the meeting here Sunday and then check with me regarding that

You may make public my 2003 letter to Dr. Thompson and action items (Which were
compiled by the congregation of the Ezra Church of God) and may note that the
action items were also sent to Mike Riva, Tommy's attomey, with my reply to his
letter of June 13, 2003. You may note that I gave you my permission to do so.

...This is a divisive issue here and our Board of Trustees and I welcome your prayers in
advance of our meeting tomorrow afternoon.

Pastor Glenn Dryden
Apparently after the meeting, Pickle received this the next day. He began to publish it from that day on at MSDAOL, BSDA etc...:
--- -- Original Message --------
Subject: FROM PASTOR DRYDEN
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:03:14 -0500

Statement of Pastor Glenn Dryden

Three instances of misconduct on the part of Tommy Shelton while he served as
pastor at the Community Church of God, Dunn Loring, Virginia, have been reported
to me in the brief time I have served as pastor of this congregation.

The most egregious of these instances involved a male who was a minor at the time.
Yet according to the two copies of private Church of God board meeting minutes which Pickle got from someone?? and made public, Dated Dec 14, 2006, and Dec 31, 2006. [see attached docs below]The allegation about a unnamed minor they were discussing and meeting about was age 25 at the time, which Dennis Turley was, but the COG board and their informant, apparently Dryden, believed he had been molested at age 16 (?). Further the board with the advice of their Attorney resolved to treat the allegations as follows: "the admissions will be Hearsay until the alleged victims provide written statements".

Answer from Bob Pickle:
Quote from: 3ABN_Defender on October 07, 2009, 11:52:17 AM
And the fact is not even the Church of God that he pastored in Virginia has any statements from any alleged victims to go on.
Mighty strange of you to make such an assertion, Tommy_Defender. Mighty strange.

It's only been since July 2008 that just such a statement has been available on PACER. It's Doc. #81-11, pp. 8-9. See those pages at http://www.3abnvjoy.com/mad-07cv40098/m ... -81-11.pdf.

Read the answer to question #3 where that individual wrote, "He tried to perform oral sex on me ...."... I won't quote the rest. You can read it for yourself.

Never seen that before? No one ever told you it was there? Not even Danny?
I saw it, it says, and I quote:"He tried to preform[sic] oral sex on me, He would hug me for long periods of time grabing [sic] my butt. Temped[sic] kissing me as well... I was a preteen." [more about this later] but there are no names, no dates or times, or even a place ie Virginia on the exhibit Bob filed. The note to "Pastor" at the bottom does not even identify who the Pastor is? Was it Dryden or Pickle, or some other???? and when was the questionnaire even filled out???

Anyway, Pickle filed the following in the lawsuit- Affidavit of bob Pickle, Doc 81:
Attached hereto as Exhibit KK are answers to questions written by an alleged victim of Tommy Shelton in Virginia. This is the alleged victim referred to by Glenn Dryden in his statement found at Doc. 63-16.

Glenn Dryden's statement found at Doc 63-16 is the one I already quoted in this post. Exhibit KK is attached below.

So according to Pickle it seems that the allegations first surfaced around Dec 2006, and that Pickle and Dryden were the only ones who knew it, as the Church of God had no statement, and the Fairfax County Police issued a news release saying that he didn't report anything to them until March 2008, but that's for the next post.

Church of God Board meeting December 14 2006.pdf
(81.71 KiB) Downloaded 2868 times
Church of God Board meeting December 31 2006.pdf
(63.29 KiB) Downloaded 2863 times
Doc 81-11 pp 8-9 Exhibit KK.pdf
Original written statement from Dennis Turley - according to Bob Pickle
(99.71 KiB) Downloaded 2936 times
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

The Alex show appears to have run it's course. What do we know about the claims of the other alleged victim?
According to Bob Pickle, DT's earliest written statement - attached to the previous post- alleges the following against T.S.:
""He tried to preform[sic] oral sex on me, He would hug me for long periods of time grabing [sic] my butt. Temped[sic] kissing me as well" DT states this occurred when "I was a preteen."

Dictionary wrote:Preteen (noun)
Being a child especially between the ages of 9 and 12; preadolescent.

pre·teen·er. a boy or girl under the age of 13, esp. one between the ages of 9 and 12.

According to the Fairfax County Police. We know this:

DT made a report to them in March of 2008. 5 Warrants for Tommy shelton's arrest were issued almost two years later on Feb 25, 2010 following what is reported by police as an "extensive investigation".

From the news paper reports we know that 3 of the warrants were related to Turley's allegations, and 2 were related to Walkers.

Documentation for all of this is below...

The 3 warrants related to Turley are attached to this post, and state:

1st Felony count:
TO ANY AUTHORIZED OFFICER
You are hereby commanded in the name of the Commonwealth of Virginia forthwith to arrest and
bring the Accused before this Court to answer the charge that the Accused, within this city or county
on or about 3/20/1993 to 3/19/1994 did unlawfully and feloniously in violation of Section 18.2-67.1 Code of Virginia commit forcible sodomy by engaging in cunnilingus, with a 12-YEAR-OLD-MALE-CHILD/JUVENILE AT
THE TIME OF OFFENSE, who was a child less than 13 years of age

A Short Offense Description (not a legal definition)
SODOMY: VICTIM<13 YRS

I, the undersigned, have found probable cause to believe that the Accused committed the offense
charged, based ON the SWORN Statements Of

Pirnat, T.M #3201 Fairfax County PD
, Complainant

DATE AND TIME ISSUED
02/25/2010 02:02 PM

[signed]
Claude G Beheler
Magistrate
2nd Felony Count:
You are hereby commanded in the name of the Commonwealth of Virginia forthwith to arrest and
bring the Accused before this Court to answer the charge that the Accused, within this city or county
on or about 3/20/1993 to 3/19/1994 did unlawfully and feloniously in violation of Section 18.2-67.3 Code of Virginia commit aggravated sexual battery by sexually abusing a 12-YEAR-OLD-MALE-CHILD/JUVENILE AT THE TIME OF OFFENSE, who was less than 13 years of age.

AGGRAVATED SEXUAL BATTERY: VICTIM. <13 YRS

I, the undersigned, have found probable cause to believe that the Accused committed the offense

Pirnat, T.M #3201 Fairfax County PD, Complainant

DATE AND TIME ISSUED
02/25/2010 02:04 PM

[signed]
Claude G Beheler
Magistrate
3rd Felony count:
on or about 3/20/1993 to 3/19/1994 did unlawfully and feloniously in violation of Section 18.2-370.1 Code of Virginia while being eighteen years of age or over and malntaining a custodial or supervisory relationship with a: 12-YEAR-OLD-MALE-CHILD/JUVENILE, a child under the age of eighteen, with lascivious intent, knowingly
and intentionally sexually abuse such child as defined in §18.2-67.10 [6].

INDECENT LIBERTIEES: W/CHILD BY PARENT/ETC

Pirnat, T.M #3201 Fairfax County PD
, Complainant

DATE AND TIME ISSUED
02/25/2010 02:08 PM

[signed]
Claude G Beheler
Magistrate

DT being the age of of 12 according to the sworn statements of the Fairfax county police, and the warrants, is in accordance with the earliest written statement attributed to DT, by Pickle." I was a preteen". The dates 3/20/1993 to 3/19/1994 fit as well as well, because the press release from the Fairfax County police states DT was age 27 in March of 2008 when he filed his report with them which would make him age 12, 15 years earlier in March of 1993. but ...

First inconsistency

The first written allegations of what occurred:
""He tried to preform[sic] oral sex on me, He would hug me for long periods of time grabing [sic] my butt. Temped[sic] kissing me as well"
Have changed to:
"forcible sodomy by engaging in cunnilingus, with a 12-YEAR-OLD-MALE-CHILD"
"aggravated sexual battery by sexually abusing a 12-YEAR-OLD-MALE-CHILD"
"while being eighteen years of age or over and malntaining a custodial or supervisory relationship with a:
12-YEAR-OLD-MALE-CHILD/JUVENILE, a child under the age of eighteen, with lascivious intent, knowingly
and intentionally sexually abuse such child as defined in §18.2-67.10"
Trying and attempting are not the same thing as actually doing them or committing that act, moving on...

We also know this. According to the Fairfax County Police news release issued almost a month after the warrants were issued,and 2 days after TS turned himself in and was arrested.
Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release: 08/080/2600/BW/(3)
March 18, 2010

Sex Assault Victims Come Forward

McLean Police District – On Tuesday, March 16, Tommy Shelton, 64, of 9090 State Route 91N, Marion, Kentucky, turned himself into Fairfax County Police detectives. Shelton was charged with two counts of aggravated sexual battery, two counts of indecent liberties with a minor, and sodomy.

From 1995 to 2000, Shelton was the pastor for the Community Church of God at 2500 Gallows Road, Dunn Loring. In March 2008, a 27-year-old man [D.T.] contacted police to report that he had been molested by Shelton when he was 12 to 14 years old. In November of 2008, a 22-year-old man [A.W.]contacted police to report that he had been molested by Shelton when he was 8 to 9 years old.

Following an extensive investigation, detectives secured warrants for Shelton in February 2010.
Second inconsistency
The age, in addition to the allegations, has now changed. The news release now claims DT was 12 to 14. How old was he? A 3 yr age spread is a large one... Also 13 or 14 is not a preteen as DT claimed was his age in his written answers to the questionnaire in 2006. 13 or 14 yrs old is not 12 yrs old as all 3 warrants state according to the investigating officer's "sworn testimony", after "an extensive investigation" spanning 2 years. (From DT complaint -March 2008 to Warrants issued -Feb 25, 2010)

In addition the dates according to the sworn statements of the Fairfax County investigating officer and on the warrants state that TS as Pastor abused a 12 yr old DT: "on or about 3/20/1993 to 3/19/1994". That quite obviously didn't meld well with the following: "From 1995 to 2000, Shelton was the pastor for the Community Church of God at 2500 Gallows Road, Dunn Loring."

more to follow....

02 25 10 warrants - TS re DT.pdf
(306.8 KiB) Downloaded 2833 times
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

The Alex show appears to have run it's course. What do we know about the claims of the other alleged victim?
The rest of what we know about DT, is from the news reports. I am quoting only the part having to do with him. You can click on the links in order to read all.

Preliminary Hearing - May 7, 2010
Inconsistent testimony and reduced charges.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 05772.html
In a preliminary hearing Thursday in Fairfax Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, prosecutors reduced the charges against Shelton. Fairfax Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney Katherine E. Stott reduced the sodomy charge, which carried a minimum of five years and a maximum of life in prison, to carnal knowledge, which has a range of two to 10 years in prison. Subsequent testimony by the first complaining witness did not fit the sodomy charge.

A count of aggravated sexual battery of that witness, with a sentencing range of one to 20 years in prison, was reduced to custodial indecent liberties, with a range of up to five years in prison....

The first witness is 29.He said that in about 1995, when he was about 14, he went for piano lessons with Shelton at the church, then personal counseling. He said Shelton progressed from fondling him to kissing him to performing oral sex on him, which he said happened twice in the church.

Stott asked the man whether Shelton had said anything about the encounters. "He just always made sure the relationship we had was kept between us," the man said. "He didn't want other people to get jealous of the time we spent together."...
Note: Dt's testimony above in regards to his age, what he is alleging happened and the year he alleges it happened are all different now. (see previous posts)

TS accepts plea bargain - July 19, 2010
Charges were Reduced again.

Note:
The original three felony accounts related to DT were further reduced to to one felony count of "taking indecent liberties with a child under his supervision."

"the charge that the Accused, within this city or county on or about 3/20/1993 to 3/19/1994 did unlawfully and feloniously in violation of Section 18.2-67.1 Code of Virginia commit forcible sodomy by engaging in cunnilingus, with a 12-YEAR-OLD-MALE-CHILD/JUVENILE AT THE TIME OF OFFENSE, who was a child less than 13 years of age" which had been reduced at the preliminary hearing to: "carnal knowledge" was completely dropped.

"the charge that the Accused, within this city or county on or about 3/20/1993 to 3/19/1994 did unlawfully and feloniously in violation of Section 18.2-67.3 Code of Virginia commit aggravated sexual battery by sexually abusing a 12-YEAR-OLD-MALE-CHILD/JUVENILE AT THE TIME OF OFFENSE, who was less than 13 years of age." which had been reduced at the preliminary hearing to:"custodial indecent liberties" was also completely dropped.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime- ... 0072000019

Both victims were in the courtroom for Shelton's pleas to two felony counts of taking indecent liberties with a child under the adult's supervision. Each charge carriies a penalty of up to five years in prison. Both said afterward they approved the plea deal, even without jail time, as long as Shelton admitted his guilt and was placed on the sex offender registry.

One of the men testified at a May hearing, and Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney Katherine E. Stott confirmed Monday, that Shelton had performed oral sex on him in 1995 or 1996, when he was 14. Shelton had been seeing the boy for counseling and piano lessons, Stott said, and told him that their various sexual activity was "the type of relationship a father and son had."

Bellows asked the prosecutor why she had agreed to the plea deal ... Stott said she had discussed the proposal with the two victims, and the risks of going to trial, and they had accepted it.

She said the only evidence would be the two men's testimony about events up to 15 years ago, that Shelton had not spoken to police and had no prior criminal record.

After the hearing, the victims said they would be prepared to testify at trial if the judge rejects it and Shelton goes to trial.

The other victim, now 29, said, "He's taken something for me I'll never get back...As long as he's admitted guilt and he's a registered sex offender, that he can't do this to others, that's really what I wanted."

Note: Now the testimony about when this all took place is 1995 0R 1996...

And obviously that is not all DT wanted.... (still wants):
"At the time these allegations first surfaced, Ms. Turley, rather than alerting the police, “reacted by calling to confront Pastor Shelton,” and demanded that he “financial [sic] compensate Dennis for what he did, to help pay for counseling and college tuition.” (Commonwealth’s Resp. to Def’s. Req. for Disc.) These statements were disclosed to the defense in the Commonwealth’s Brady disclosure."

"a demand letter was sent to 3ABN by counsel for both Mr. Turley and Mr. Walker on August 17, 2010, less than a month after Mr. Shelton’s guilty plea. The demand seeks compensatory damages based on the charges in this case."

The Judge rejects the plea deal
07/20/2010
In which the Prosecutor with the case against TS, further explains why she agreed to the plea deal, and what the risks of going to trial were that she discussed with AW and DT and what led them to accept the plea deal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 0072000019
Shelton's attorneys and Fairfax prosecutors agreed to a deal: If Shelton pleaded guilty, he would be placed on probation with no jail or prison time

Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney Katherine E. Stott said she did not want to submit her two victims, each almost 30 years old, to potentially grueling trials with the possibility of acquittals.

Listing the factors that led her to agree to the deal, Stott said: The events occurred separately, so the cases would be tried separately. There were no corroborating witnesses or forensic evidence. There was no confession; Shelton's plea could not be used against him. The victims made inconsistent statements. Shelton would have witnesses testify positively about him. The events happened about 15 years ago. Juries want forensic evidence, and they don't want any doubt before convicting a pastor of a sex offense.

... the plea agreement does address the concerns of the victims of outing the defendant as a child molester," Stott said.
Interview with DT:
http://www.wusa9.com/video/default.aspx ... 6461613001
( the part about they have just learned etc.. is obviously from Pickle and co, and is false.... Yes I have the documents and proof. Just ask in another post if you're curious about it)

And that's all we know, to the best of my knowledge, about DT...
~ Cindy
Holly

Re: Tommy...

Post by Holly »

Hi friends,

After reading all of this I have a question here. It's about what the newspaper reported that Tommy Shelton said at the plea bargain hearing after the Judge asked him if he wanted to say something.

If the two victims changed their stories and now say that instead of being age 8 and 12 they were really age 11 and 14?
If they changed their stories to be that instead of being molested in 1992-1993, it was really 1995-1996; and instead of being 1994, it was really 1997? The prosecutor said that "the only evidence would be their testimony about events up to 15 years ago". 15 years ago was 1995, but Tommy Shelton said: "In the last 15 years, I've done everything in my power to live the way I should. I've kept myself away from young people."

Does that mean Tommy Shelton was really saying he was innocent even though he was accepting the plea bargain?

In His grace,
Holly
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Holly wrote:Hi friends,

After reading all of this I have a question here. It's about what the newspaper reported that Tommy Shelton said at the plea bargain hearing after the Judge asked him if he wanted to say something.

If the two victims changed their stories and now say that instead of being age 8 and 12 they were really age 11 and 14?
If they changed their stories to be that instead of being molested in 1992-1993, it was really 1995-1996; and instead of being 1994, it was really 1997? The prosecutor said that "the only evidence would be their testimony about events up to 15 years ago". 15 years ago was 1995, but Tommy Shelton said: "In the last 15 years, I've done everything in my power to live the way I should. I've kept myself away from young people."

Does that mean Tommy Shelton was really saying he was innocent even though he was accepting the plea bargain?

In His grace,
Holly
:)

Yes, Holly, I believe it does... and the Judge rejected that plea deal.

Back at the beginning of December someone posted here that a friend reported that he has rejected plea deals since then and has chosen to go to court. I believe both trials are set for March.
Nosir Myzing...
Truth

Post by Truth »

Alex Walker says this below on AT:

Snoopy, I have been told that a case of this multitude is un-precedented especially when you have attorney's of this multitude involved.

Who will 3ABN have on their side? Greg Simpson alone? Who will Danny Shelton have? Greg Simpson alone? Who will Tommy Shelton have? Greg Simpson?

Well Alex, you forgot 3ABN's other lawyer: The Almighty God in Heaven!!! He knows everything--whether secret or not. He knows what really happened with Tommy Shelton. He knows motives and reasons. He knows everything we think. That is far more than all the lawyers of the whole world could do.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Over on adventtalk the members appear to be upset, and alternatively questioning and condemning folks without as far as I can see any established reason, or cause. A lot of surmising, explaining what if scenarios, arguing about that, and getting angry without any real revealed reason. In other words, all is normal there... ;) The implication is that a settlement has been reached in the threatened and alleged lawsuit, and the terms of it prevent Alex Walker and Dennis Turley from either testifying or wanting to testify in the criminal case as they are getting money and now just want to move on. Anything is possible, but I very much doubt that this is the case myself.

FWIW, trying to cut to the chase before they end up miles off the beaten path, and end up again establishing fantasy as fact in all their own minds (and loving and defending their own lies) I posted the following there this morning, and then a follow up post a few moments ago.

Re: Law suit is Imminent
« Reply #92 on: Today at 08:14:01 AM »

It seems according to the previous posts here that the tolling agreement ends today?

It does not appear that a lawsuit has been filed by the deadline despite the posts announcing a big announcement, and the posts by Alex claiming he was waiting to read the copy of the complaint last week.

Surely the alleged complaint wouldn't even have been drafted if a settlement was in the works?

That said, I think all the what if's, surmising, and ire here is uncalled for at best, and premature at the least.

Alex is one of the complainants and party to both the criminal and the "alleged" civil case, or "settlement".

He's the one to ask. He is the one to answer.

A simple answer here would be helpful. You do not have to elaborate if you do not choose to. Of course you do not have to supply a simple answer either, but that will cause more questions and doubts about you I am thinking.

Alex, are you still wanting to proceed with and testify against Tommy in the criminal case as you have so often posted here? OR, have you changed your mind?

« Reply #93 on: Today at 12:27:21 PM »

Someone just pointed out to me that the previous posts I am referring to may not be known to all as they are spread out over different threads. To eliminate confusion, or to allow those who haven't read all here to catch up. The referred to posts are below.

Quote from: Alex L. Walker on December 21, 2010, 07:56:57 PM
Expect a huge announcement or (press release) in the coming weeks. :)
Quote from: Adam on January 01, 2011, 09:38:31 PM
Let's not forget this either:

"In the event this matter proceeds towards litigation, we will not only be seeking substantial monetary compensation. We will also be seeking injunctive relief in the form of a mandatory broadcast announcement, on 3ABN, of Pastor Shelton's past sexual abuse of children, along with the creation of a staffed, toll free telephone line for all information regarding such to be reported by 3ABN patrons."

One could wonder if Jim Gilley is preparing this as we speak? It appears it's going to happen.:)

Quote from: Alex L. Walker on January 19, 2011, 11:33:46 PM
Quote from: Snoopy on January 15, 2011, 04:53:51 PM
Quote from: Alex L. Walker on December 23, 2010, 02:26:32 PM
This announcement will come as early as two weeks from now. No later than the end of January.:)
I guess we will know something within two weeks...??

That is correct. At least that is what I am being told. I should have more news as of tomorrow. :)
Quote from: Adam on January 21, 2011, 05:39:13 PM
Sources have told me that the law suit against Danny Lee Shelton and 3ABN should be filed as early as next week. My understanding is this will be filed in Chicago, Illinois.

Jeff Anderson will lead the charge in the objective along with Sarah Odegaard. They will be working with the attorney's from Manly and Stewart of California; John C. Manly (head atty) Vince W. Finaldi, and Michael Reck.

Should be interesting.
Quote from: Alex L. Walker on January 25, 2011, 04:16:23 PM
It appears that recent turn of events, may have pushed the filing date back a bit. However, these recent turn of event's are very positive for us, not so much for 3ABN and DS.
Quote from: Adam on January 26, 2011, 09:24:30 PM
Quote from: Pat Williams on January 26, 2011, 09:21:51 AM
Quote from: tinka on January 25, 2011, 09:24:58 PM
Hi Alex,
Sounds like they might move to possible settlement. The way they been pouring it on at 3abn would be such a reproach or embarrassment to all their bragging talk if made public. I Hope for the best outcome for you.
Just some suggestions, but....

"Perhaps" it would be better to not count on chickens before they hatch, or announce their arrival before they arrive?

"Perhaps" it would be good to consider all sides and scenarios, as in, maybe this all could clear or vindicate 3ABN as far as these allegations are concerned, in addition to considering or proposing that it will or could be an embarrasment, or reproach to them, or maybe find them at fault?

"Perhaps" and I do believe this, we should pray for ALL, and that it is the best outcome for ALL, not just one. Because, "Perhaps" God has a plan and knows all and the beggining and the end, and knows what is best for all? "Perhaps" we should pray for His will in Jesus name, rather than for our own or for him to bring our will about.

"Perhaps we should acknowledge that He is in control, and NOTHING happens without his permission, and give thanks to Him for all things according to His will, and give Him the glory in all, rather than focussing on or making it about someone else rather than ourselves, or casting the blame on the shortcomings or failures of man, or any earthly institution or office when we don't get our way, or things don't go as we think they should?
Who is this person? Seriously. Do you have no brain?

It has been stated that Tommy's plea agreement is admissible in the Civil Trial. Let's be clear here; in a civil trial you only have to show the "majority of the evidence." Attorney's have stated 51%. They conclude that Tommy's admission of guilt will cover nearly 50% of that evidence. This is a shew win for the victim's attorney's.

You can play word Games "Pat Williams", but the truth is what is done in the dark will soon come to light. DLS will be held accountable and will the pirate club which consist of Walt Thompson and the rest of the "do nothing" people.

Greg Simpson has a fight on his hand. Are you sure he can tackle it? Um.... I don't think so. The best thing 3ABN and Danny Shelton could have done was settled with the victims. They chose the hard road.

Now use your brain the good Lord gave you, and quit spouting off nonsense.

Quote from: Adam on February 02, 2011, 10:36:44 PM
Quote from: Snoopy on February 02, 2011, 06:19:04 PM
Quote from: Adam on February 02, 2011, 05:00:27 PM
Will this be filed before the tolling agreement runs out next month?
OK - I give. A statute of limitations tolls. What in the world is a "tolling agreement"? Are you suggesting the statute of limitations runs out in March?

That is correct, Snoopy. The tolling agreement halted the statue of limitations. So, assuming this is correct they have no choice, but to file by the end of February.
Quote from: Gregory on February 04, 2011, 04:18:45 AM

Check on the URL Below if you want a clear explaination of a Tolling Agreement and how it can benefit both parties.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6391028_legal ... ement.html
Quote from: Alex L. Walker on February 06, 2011, 03:57:52 PM
Gregory:

I am no familiar completely with the tolling agreement. I do know that I did sign one, under the advice of my attorney's. I'm not completely aware of it's value. Thanks for the link.
Quote from: Alex L. Walker on February 14, 2011, 11:28:14 AM
Quote from: Snoopy on February 14, 2011, 10:39:47 AM
Quote from: Adam on February 13, 2011, 08:51:14 PM
Quote from: Johann on February 13, 2011, 03:13:39 PM
Something seems to be boiling these days. Will we soon find out what it is?
Indeed! Something is definitely cooking and the kitchen is getting HOT!

The Batters are in the dugout and the opposition team is in the field! The umpire is behind home plate and if you listen carefully you can hear him say "Let's play ball!"

It's almost game time! Won't be long.

We have been hearing that for quite awhile now...
Dear Snoopy,

You are correct. However, due to recent events there was a delay. I cannot go into the details of that, but to say one key witness has been added or will soon be added to both the criminal and civil cases. I am not at liberty to reveal their identity as it could cause sever consequences for them.

It is safe to say that it is likely this will be filed this week. Possibly the next day or two. It is in the process that they call "Review Status". Meaning qualified attorney's are reviewing it. After that is complete the plaintiffs (myself and the other victim) will have the opportunity to review it. After that is complete it goes to he final step which is it's filing! Trust me we are keenly aware that time is running out towards the end of the month when one un-named agreement will expire.

The final steps are in the works and it is now not a matter of weeks, but days.
Quote from: Alex L. Walker on February 15, 2011, 10:10:11 PM
I'm still waiting to view the complaint. Hopefully tomorrow.
Quote from: Alex L. Walker on February 18, 2011, 02:26:30 AM
Still waiting..... :/
Quote from: Daryl Fawcett on February 23, 2011, 06:08:43 PM
When will there be some substantial news regarding this?
Quote from: Alex L. Walker on February 23, 2011, 09:51:44 PM
Dunno Has to be soon! There is no time to waste.
Nosir Myzing...
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Bob Pickle
« Reply #94 on: Today at 01:02:19 PM »
Quote from: Gailon Arthur Joy on Yesterday at 09:50:45 PM
In fact, a criminal conviction will likely enhance the civil settlement as much information will be presented that is not yet available to the pending defendants. I would propose that those revelations to most certainly come into the record at trial will result in the filling of the pants of several 3ABN directors and their insurers. Remember that Adventist Risk Management will have a serious interest to assess any liability of denominational representatives to the 3ABN board over the years.
Interesting, interesting. So a criminal conviction would likely result in a larger civil settlement.
No one but an idiot would fall for this line of thinking, imo... First "Adventist risk management", has nothing to do with employees, volunteers, officers or board members of independent ministries like 3ABN despite the bellicose blusters of Gailon Joy. The denomination never appointed nor hired any of them in that capacity, nor is it liable for them in that capacity, even if fault existed, which it doesn't.

Joy and Pickle, as usual, have missed the point.. A larger civil settlement, or any settlement from 3ABN or DS at all doesn't appear possible based on what has been made known and posted-- if that is even correct, and so much isn't.

If Alex and Adam have been telling the truth, then the tolling agreement regarding the filing of a civil case against 3ABN(including DS and the board) expires today, well before a criminal conviction or exoneration in the criminal case in VA is even possible as that case hasn't even commenced. That means no lawsuit can be filed against 3ABN after this. (After this includes after a "criminal conviction" --which itself is very doubtful.) And the fact is, if 3ABN hasn't settled since Alex and Dennis sent their letter of demand in July or August of 2010 demanding a settlement by the end of that month, and they didn't and if they still haven't up till the end of the "alleged" tolling agreement today, and no civil case has been filed? Well sorry,3ABN accusers, but wishful thinking isn't reality, and the chances of 3ABN ever paying it's accusers money are... well... let's put it this way, they really are not good...
Nosir Myzing...
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Johann
Group: Admin Team
« Reply #113 on: Yesterday at 08:36:46 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Seems like there is a very important issue in a decision made in this case:

Danny Shelton appears to be using money to quite an extent to silence his opponents. If he and his cohorts manage to to silence the victims in such an important case, then he has won the case as both he and his admirers might then be saying:

- See we won! There actually was no case. We are innocent. There are no victims!

Is this what the victims want?
The author of this post is offbase here. First there is not evidence one that DS has ever used money to silence any opponent. But moving on... They seem to have forgotten that most of us here while understanding why TS accepted the initial plea bargain in the criminal case, did not agree with it. Most, but not all, while having every sympathy, and while understanding his reasons; the expense and extreme inconvenience of having to live out of state and not being able to return home while the case drug out. Medical crisis of a life threatening nature for both he and his wife, and his ongoing health problems where it was, and is still, unclear if he will even live to see the end of the case. The huge amount of money it had already taken, and the additional amount it would still take to mount a proper defense -- causing him to have to put up his home , to lose his retirement, leaving him without means or a way to support or provide for his family after it was all over, whether he was convicted or vindicated... still thought the better choice was to go to trial. I was talking to a dear friend yesterday and she, like me, still believes that. We are called to walk by faith rather than by sight, and we should never walk in fear, for that brings torment, and God, who is love, pefect love, casts out all fear, right?

Tommy, it is apparent believes that too now. Alex posted about him being offered another plea bargain, but Tommy would not accept it, one of our members here shared that Tommy has rejected all plea bargains offered and he is intent on defending himself and seeing this through to the end now.

He is trusting in God to make all known and bring His will about, trusting in God to establish the truth and expose the lies and bring true justice for all. Trusting in God to preserve his and his wife's health, and see them through this and to continue to provide for their needs in the future. That is my prayer too, I believe if we step out in faith trusting in God he will take our hand and lead, and even carry us close to his heart when we feel too weak to continue but are still clinging to him and holding on. He is an awesome God.

Anyway, if anyone is not wanting to go to trial or to testify here, it is not the accused. It is not those who have defended 3ABN or Danny. Point the finger where it belongs ---> at the accusers. It is they who have offered, and are still offering excuses and reasons for why they might not testify. Yet there is NO settlement, and no agreements or conditions saying they can't. I have done searches for any civil case filed, I first searched Chicago as Adam claimed it would be filed there, and Alex claimed he was waiting to read the complaint, then I searched nationwide, but despite the threats of a lawsuit if 3ABN didn't pay them money, and the alleged end of the tolling agreement which they claimed determined the lawsuit HAD TO BE FILED by the end of Feb, as of this AM, none are filed. NONE.

Danny bought them off, or is trying to? NOT. 3ABN didn't approach them and try to make any deals! It is they who approached 3ABN and DS 6 mos ago saying "pay us or else". And for 6 mos, 3ABN hasn't accepted any deal. If 3ABN had agreed it would already have been a done deal, but obviously they haven't as now the tolling agreement has come to an end, and the criminal trial is due to begin in a few weeks, and no civil case has been filed despite there being no settlement made, so let's call things what they are. Attempted extortion, and cold feet on the part of the accusers whose bluff has been called.

Accusers,who know they are in deep doo doo. Accusers who's subsequent testimony impeaches their first testimony, and who waxed eloquent in their victim impact statements when they thought the plea bargain a done deal and themselves and that beyond being questioned or examined, but now are gonna be called to account for the lies they added to the rest. In Alex's case, he went from claiming Tommy "only touched me", and all incidents were on bike rides, to a very graphic and sick accusation that went far beyond that which was allegedly in the Church of God kitchen. He added that he was groomed by TS while he was growing up and Tommy involved himself in his family and life. His family, both parents, and brother have already said this is a lie, and that Alex and Tommy were never even in the same state, nor around one another then, and that Tommy was never part of their lives much more, Tommy was never around Alex and never part of Alex's life. He said he had to go to counseling for his anger issues from being molested by Tommy when a child, his family says No, his counseling was about his other ongoing issues and anger all predating the one summer he was actually around Tommy. He claimed he was left alone by his brother with Tommy at various times that summer, they say no we never did that, so that can't be true. He added another accusation claiming Tommy was instrumental in getting him a job at 3ABN another summer so he could further molest him. But he did not work with Tommy, and Tommy did not get him the job, and all testimony from all rebuts this. Even Linda Shelton who Alex claimed would testify and help him, as reported by Adam- won't.

His family already gave statements about him having a history of threatening to sue others while actually never doing so, trying to get money , and a history of hurting others to benefit by it. His mom said the same to the Judge and how hard it was for her to have to say anything. His Dad stated he believed that Alex was led by 3ABN's accusers to think he could get money for making his false accusations and that is the only reason he was involved, yet now, the accusers are finding fault with Alex and don't understand why it is being suggested by Adam that he would take money and not want to, or refuse to, or be forbidden to, testify or go to trial? Answer: There is no agreement about that, or dictating that. No settlement at this time. That's just excuses, and damage control. Alex always wanted money and never wanted to go to trial. Wake up.

Alex, imo, has reason to not want this to go to trial, while Tommy has every reason to want it to...

May God's will be done here.

(documentation for every piece of evidence repeated here is in this thread for those who want to review all)
~ Cindy
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Ayuh, and Amen to "May God's will be done here". I may copy the previous post over there...

Mr Joy appears to be banking on 8 figure payoffs and big name attorneys according to his post there, and is maybe hoping this will impress some and intimidate others? Regardless, God is in control. Joy posted:
Let's start with this: [quoting Adam] "Greg Simpson has a fight on his hand. Are you sure he can tackle it? Um.... I don't think so. The best thing 3ABN and Danny Shelton could have done was settled with the victims. They chose the hard road." Yes GREAT SURMIZER, it is your counsel that broke and ran for the hills, sharing his information with key players that must be included in any comprehensive and global structured settlement. And then to try one last time to prevent the inevitable publicity holocaust just in a nick of time, but forgot to bring his wallet, or should I say 3ABN and the Directors wallets.
It appears there has been no payoff or settlement then, doesn't it? (Actually, it's a fact, there is NOT.) I personally don't believe 3ABN would ever even agree to settle due to false accusations. I understand that many settle as it's often less expensive then litigation, but I happen to think and believe money shouldn't rule over principle. If 3ABN settled, I'd have to bow out of any further discussions or defense of them, but as I said I don't believe they would do that and I'd be very surprised.shocked, and disappointed if that ever becomes necessary.

Mr Joy continues:
I am privileged to know that Manly and Anderson do not manage cases with less than eight figure potential. And eight figures (THATS TENS OF MILLIONS) it must be, but Simpson does not have those resources at his disposal at this moment.
The thing is, I don't happen to put much stock in this, or to believe Manly and Anderson are thinking this case is gonna bag tens of millions, as Joy does. Somebody (??) obviously paid big bucks to retain Manly and Anderson, which they obviously accepted, but they seem to have bigger fish to fry imo, and have passed the case on so to speak.

The deal about Alex and Dennis' Attorneys is that first they had John Manly- big name lawyer specializing in child molestation cases, from California, then according to Pickle:
Meet Jeff Anderson and Associates, PA, the law firm who it is my understanding will be handling the case in Illinois against Danny Shelton and 3ABN. http://andersonadvocates.com/default.aspx
and alex explained in response:
Just to be clear: Jeff Anderson and his associates was retained by my attorney's at Manly and Stewart. They will be working along side John Manly from California and his staff.

They will be representing Myself and the other victim in our case against Danny Shelton and 3ABN.
Anderson is from Pickle's state, Minnesota, and also involved in high profile cases against the Vatican etc and specializing in child molestation cases mostly, but is not as big or well known as Manly. He obviously wasn't as expensive either, as somebody (?) paid Manly the big bucks so that he could afford to retain Jeff Anderson and assoc, and still make a profit...

Anderson also declined to take on the case personally and passed it on so to speak.

I went to Jeff Anderson's website above and although he has a stellar list of Attorneys with excellent credentials and case histories, he passed the case on to the only peon on his staff, and the lowest on the totem pole. According to his site she graduated 2 years ago and although she has good educational references, she has no experience as far as case histories listed there. If she had, they'd list them, I'm sure...

Quote from: Alex L. Walker on December 23, 2010, 02:26:32 PM
This announcement will come as early as two weeks from now. No later than the end of January. Smiley
Quote from: Chrissie on January 01, 2011, 09:04:00 AM
Sounds like it won't be such a 'Happy New Year' for some?
I'm afraid not. Jeff Anderson has assigned Sarah Odegaard one of his attorney's to get the case together.

Here is her Bio:

A passionate advocate for survivors of sexual abuse, Sarah graduated with honors from the University of Minnesota Law School. During law school, Sarah served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Sandra L. Margulies in the California Court of Appeal. She also worked as a summer associate at a preeminent plaintiff’s firm in San Francisco and as a student attorney in the University of Minnesota Law School Civil Litigation Clinic.

Between college and law school, Sarah worked as an AmeriCorps member at Admission Possible, a Twin Cities-based non-profit that helps low income students earn admission to and succeed in college. Sarah graduated with honors from Macalester College, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies and Economics.

Sarah Odegaard Bar Admissions:
Minnesota, 2010
California, 2009
U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2009
U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2010
I'm not putting her down, I am sure she is well educated, and qualified. I am just saying she lacks experience, and in my opinion, you don't assign a rookie to an important case. It appears the case against Tommy, and 3ABN is not as noteworthy or on as grand a scale as Joy claims, and would like it to be, at least in the eyes of the attorneys retained, but each is entitled to their own opinion.
Nosir Myzing...