Reflections on ASI Meetings in Tampa 08

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Donna

Reflections on ASI Meetings in Tampa 08

Post by Donna »

If you haven't as yet watched the ASI meetings in Tampa I encourage you to do so. I have been blessed to hear the different ways God's people are going out into the world and giving the gospel message. All each of them began with was a desire and willingness to do what we are all called to do and God placed them in a position and gave them the means to do it. Their ages were from a small child to an 81 year old.

Something else I learned was that we (bride is the church) were told again, by Jesus, in Rev. that His church would be giving the gospel message to all that they might come. I had never quite seen that before.

Rev 22:17 "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
Cynthia

Re: Reflections on ASI Meetings in Tampa 08

Post by Cynthia »

It's often true we don't know what to do, or how to reach out, but the first step is what it takes as the Lord leads us on, as soon as we begin to follow him :)

"Rev 22:17 "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

That verse is indeed revealing. Thank you.

Reminds me of 2 others

hn 7:37 -39
In the last day... Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.):

John 12:32 And I, if I [Jesus] be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

We just need to keep learning how to lift him up in all that we say and do...

I love you Mama. ;)
~ Cindy
Donna

Post by Donna »

I have loved you all of your life Synthian. :D Here is another update on the ASI convention.

The following questions were asked on another forum:

Anybody see anything interesting at the ASI convention?

Just wondering if it is worth my while to attend next year. Any good stuff?

I am responding here because to write the same thing in two forums really isn’t necessary.

What I see as interesting and what others see as interesting may be two different things. I find it very interesting to hear about the changes that have come about not only in the lives of individuals that have been reached through ASI but even to those who are doing the reaching out. All ages, walks of life, and nationalities just step out in faith, willingness and love for God and their fellowman. Some take courses in medical, disaster relief, healthful living and how to give Bible studies and do that work while others learn and then teach others. Others build clinics, schools, churches, put roofs on buildings that the people there built themselves, or dig wells for water. Some plant vegetables and grains so the people can eat things that are good for their health. Others hand out cards for those interested in prophecy and Bible study while others hand out books and CD. People are coming to the Lord by the thousands and then in turn going out to do their part for others.

In everything these workers do they are teaching people about the Lord through their words and examples. They are the light bearers guiding others to the Greater Light, our Lord Jesus Christ. It will be very interesting to find out just how far reaching their endeavors for the Lord has gone and continues to go on. If we can do nothing else we can pray for them and those they work with. One day soon all who stood up and took a part in the finishing of the work will reap the rewards of being with Jesus and those in whom we worked for.

One interesting story is that in one of the places they went to the people had lived their whole lives walking 3-5 miles to get water and then carrying the water on their heads. When the workers dug a well beside the newly built church they found just 100 feet below the surface a river of water that not only furnishes the needed water for the community individuals but also waters the land that now grows many different vegetables and grains for those individuals to eat.

So many wonderful stories but here is just one more. When Marimar (not sure if that is spelled right) went through that terrible disaster the people came to the church. The storm grew worse but the people continued to worship. Then all the people remaining in the community came to the church. Then the roof came off and still yet the people worshipped while the rain came down on them. When it was all over all of the homes and structures in the community had been destroyed but the SDA church remained and all of the 300 people safe.

If your idea of good stuff is where you can be with brothers and sisters and hear about how God is leading and providing for His church (individual people) in the last days of this earth’s history as they do their part with Him in the finishing of the work given to us, then by all means it is very good stuff. If you mean is it worthwhile for you to attend next year because you too want to be a part in the finishing of the work and want help and encouragement and motivation and can attend, then I would say it would be worth your while to attend next year.
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
Penny

Post by Penny »

Donna - I watched some of the ASI convention this weekend and was tremendously blessed and inspired by what I saw and heard. I have attended two or three ASI conventions over the years and there is nothing like being there, but when that isn't possible, it is great to have the option of watching the ASI program on 3ABN.

I thank God for 3ABN!
Penny
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Before moving on to read or do other things here I just have to say, your post is like a bright ray of sunshine this morning! Welcome Penny. It's so good to see you here. :)

Blessings!
~ Cindy
Donna

Post by Donna »

Penny,

I too could not attend the ASI convention in person but through the blessing of 3ABN televising it I was able to watch it on my computer. May the Lord continue to bless 3ABN and ASI with good fruit.

Donna
Penny

Post by Penny »

Synthian wrote:Before moving on to read or do other things here I just have to say, your post is like a bright ray of sunshine this morning! Welcome Penny. It's so good to see you here. :)

Blessings!
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad to be here.
Penny