Posted on AdventTalk -- "Do these tactics sound familiar?"

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Cynthia

Posted on AdventTalk -- "Do these tactics sound familiar?"

Post by Cynthia »

quote author=Sam Date=08/03/08

I was sent this email by someone who had direct contact with Hartland. Feels like Deja vu to me.

I received this from Hartland on 5/28/2007.

Dear********

Yes, Gailon Joy was indirectly involved (or at least he tried to get himself involved). He was never a member of the staff, nor was he a member of any of its organizational bodies, so he only wrote what he heard by word of mouth. Most of what he wrote at that time was sheer misrepresentations of fact. In my opinion, he tried to spin anything and everything he heard in its worst possible construction. He has no compunction about bearing false witness. He totally discredited himself to the vast majority of the staff at Hartland. His spin was so outlandish that it wasn’t credible to anyone that knew the truth. He was apparently being fed information though, from at least one disgruntled insider at Hartland, but never once did he bother to check with both sides on any story. He only consulted (obviously) with the one that he chose to represent (or rather with the one he used to make his misrepresentations). Most of our staff at the time got the very clear impression that he was not trying to be fair in his assessment, but rather biased – and in the extreme. So when we began reading what he wrote about 3ABN, we simply sent the emails to the dustbin. There may be elements of truth in what he has written about 3ABN (large or small), but I don’t recommend that you trust his spin. Be sure you can verify what he says from other sources.

We had the feeling that he enjoyed the work of trying to cut down institutions attempting to do God’s work and attempting to discredit their leaders. He seems to have a lot of time to waste on this self-appointed work. He also apparently claims that he was responsible for the dismissal of one of the presidents of AUC (which may have been needed), but I doubt that he was the one who accomplished it or that bears the responsibility for it.

Anyway, for what it is worth, that is my take on the situation.

God bless and keep you,

Sincerely,

~ Cindy
Cynthia

Re: Posted on AdventTalk -- "Do these tactics sound familiar?"

Post by Cynthia »

They do sound familiar, and of course there is more to this story.

Unfortunately, as I see it, there are problems with many of the stories as Mr Joy relates them. Whether about his own questionable background methods and tactics, or those he relates about others.

It is troubling and troublesome to me, but I think maybe others need to know as the man seems determined to continue his course and agenda, no matter what is said, or how many appeal to him. He has a little group in these 3abn issues absolutely snowed here, and they in turn are repeating it all to others and so it spreads, and keeps being spread...

And It's all just one hot ugly mess.

Honestly? I am trying to figure out how to post more about this topic in an informative way for those he has confused or misled, while at the same time being the least offensive...

It's hard.

If others can help, I'd appreciate it.

Blessings...
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

There seems to be some doubts as to the letter's authenticity, some have even suggested Sam made it up.

This should help clarify matters.

nfo@hartland.edu

5/28/2007

Dear Steffan,

Yes, Gailon Joy was indirectly involved (or at least he tried to get himself involved). He was never a member of the staff, nor was he a member of any of its organizational bodies, so he only wrote what he heard by word of mouth. Most of what he wrote at that time was sheer misrepresentations of fact. In my opinion, he tried to spin anything and everything he heard in its worst possible construction. He has no compunction about bearing false witness. He totally discredited himself to the vast majority of the staff at Hartland. His spin was so outlandish that it wasn’t credible to anyone that knew the truth. He was apparently being fed information though, from at least one disgruntled insider at Hartland, but never once did he bother to check with both sides on any story. He only consulted (obviously) with the one that he chose to represent (or rather with the one he used to make his misrepresentations). Most of our staff at the time got the very clear impression that he was not trying to be fair in his assessment, but rather biased – and in the extreme. So when we began reading what he wrote about 3ABN, we simply sent the emails to the dustbin. There may be elements of truth in what he has written about 3ABN (large or small), but I don’t recommend that you trust his spin. Be sure you can verify what he says from other sources.

We had the feeling that he enjoyed the work of trying to cut down institutions attempting to do God’s work and attempting to discredit their leaders. He seems to have a lot of time to waste on this self-appointed work. He also apparently claims that he was responsible for the dismissal of one of the presidents of AUC (which may have been needed), but I doubt that he was the one who accomplished it or that bears the responsibility for it.

Anyway, for what it is worth, that is my take on the situation.

God bless and keep you,

Sincerely,

Pastor Hal Mayer

Director of Stewardship Ministries

Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 10:16 AM
To: Hal Mayer
Subject: Fw: Request for Brother Hal Mayer

----- Original Message -----

To: info@hartland.edu
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 6:18 PM
Subject: Request for Brother Hal Mayer

Hi,

I have a quick question for Brother Mayer regarding a Mr. Gailon Joy. Was Gailon Joy involved in any political activities at Hartland sometime in 2003-2004?

He is currently trying all kinds of nonsense against 3ABN, and I got this reference from an email he sent to a mailing list.

Thank you very much for your time.

Steffan Philip
~ Cindy
steffan

Post by steffan »

I'm going to take a stab at it. Please note that I will not speculate, but provide proof.

First of all, an "investigator" of a ministry should be a person of impeccable integrity. Does Gailon Joy meet that standard?

An examination of his personal history should prove otherwise.
Embezzlement:
Former Attorney General uses his case as an example in his textbook.
Ashcroft_LawforBusiness.jpg
Ashcroft_LawforBusiness.jpg (5.2 KiB) Viewed 19668 times
The relevant lines are bolded:
gailonjoyconviction.jpg
Next: a troublemaker, as characterized in another post in an email sent to me. He was considered such that another mailing list had this to say about him.https://lists.wallawalla.edu/pipermail/ ... 01650.html

[Caribsda] Vicious Rebellion Exposed at Hartland
Dwight Carnegie dwightcarnegie at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 07:29:32 PDT 2005

* Previous message: [Caribsda] And What happened to This Lotto Winner?
* Next message: [Caribsda] Vicious Rebellion Exposed at Hartland
* Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]

Does anybody know what this person is talking about? I just received from a nemesis at AUC. Before I discard I just wanted to know if any one is familiar with the situation referred to here.

Des/Sylvan - I blocked his address but he changed his email address. Have to block this one also. yes its him Gailon Joy..

gabbjoy4 at comcast.net wrote:
To: Dwight Carnegie dwightcarnegie at yahoo.com
Subject: Vicious Rebellion Exposed at Hartland
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:14:41 +0000

THE TIME HAS COME

As a minister of the gospel, I have always had a burden for souls
recognizing that a lot of soul winning needs to be done within the church.
It is with the motive that a few souls might be plucked out of the fire
that I write this letter. I am aware that some people may try to twist
these words or misuse parts out of context. But I am willing to risk it for
the sake of a soul in the Kingdom of God. My prime motive is love and
redemption for everyone involved.......

Going on: a landlord of Gailon's had this to say about him. John Alfke writes:

http://www.atomorrow.com/discus/messages/1780/4084.html

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!!

like a friendly STD.

Gailon Arthur Joy has attacked 3ABN, in a self styled effort to end somebody elses fraud!!!

and now is getting his comeuppance.

looks like we're all human, and all subject to making mistakes.... for me, as I read that link, my problem is "gloating"!!

of course, "gloating" doesn't bring back the money he cheated me and at least 4 other landlords out of.

nor help the bank recoup the 50-100k lost in the forclosure of his and his daughters last house venture....where they apparently stopped paying knowing that forclosure takes 6 or more months during which they could live without mortgage payments while waiting for a low income, discounted development to be readied .