Stop Please

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

The Red Baron

Stop Please

Post by The Red Baron »

I would like to suggest that it is counter productive for any 3ABN defenders to post at ATALK. The rabid few are just waiting for something and somebody to pounce on. It should be obvious by now that they can't carry on a conversation without someone to attack. Please quit giving them the opportunity.

It's time to realize how small their audience is and how silly they are starting to look if we can just leave them to their play. Any sane person will see the lunacy of their whining about being sued while complaining about the suit being dismissed.
Donna

Re: Stop Please

Post by Donna »

Wonderful suggestion that I agree with wholeheartedly!
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
The Red Baron

Post by The Red Baron »

Donna wrote:Wonderful suggestion that I agree with wholeheartedly!
Thanks Donna. I guess it's realizing that reasonable discussion just can't occur with the half dozen wild eyed fanatics at ATALK. The best defense is to let any casual reader determine how much slime they are willing to read there before moving on.
Penny

Post by Penny »

The Red Baron wrote:I would like to suggest that it is counter productive for any 3ABN defenders to post at ATALK. The rabid few are just waiting for something and somebody to pounce on. It should be obvious by now that they can't carry on a conversation without someone to attack. Please quit giving them the opportunity.
Well said.
Penny
Johann

Post by Johann »

And this time I agree with you wholeheartedly, Donna. Your friends have nothing to do at AT as long as they do not produce a verification of their claims. But the moment they do verify that Danny Shelton was telling the truth when he had the board fire Linda, then I think they should return with their proofs that are not contradicted by other witnesses and documents, and it would be time to close AT. Then there would be peace and no more trouble. Is that fair?
The Red Baron

Post by The Red Baron »

Johann wrote:
And this time I agree with you wholeheartedly, Donna. Your friends have nothing to do at AT as long as they do not produce a verification of their claims. But the moment they do verify that Danny Shelton was telling the truth when he had the board fire Linda, then I think they should return with their proofs that are not contradicted by other witnesses and documents, and it would be time to close AT. Then there would be peace and no more trouble. Is that fair?
No Johann, that just doesn’t hunt and fairness hasn’t been in play on these issues for years. You know as well as I do that proof and verification rank way down on the priorities at AT. An example would be the outrage you folks have shown over the completion of the IRS examination without finding of fault. Anything that doesn’t meet your reality is immediately called a lie.

I expect that AT as it currently exists or in other forms will be around for a long time to come. You and your bitter friends are just to invested in this mess for it to go away. There are a half dozen of you that don’t have a life outside of AT. It is your only claim to personal relevance. The good news is that even on the Internet, rabid causes and the folks that fuel them fade away as sane people recognize insanity when they see it. I wonder if you ever have concerns over the horrible picture you are painting of the church you profess to love.
Johann

Post by Johann »

Interesting. You seem to know more about our personal lives than what the real issue is. In stead of replying to what I said, you deal with my personal life, of which I'd say you are quite ignorant.

What have you seen about my dealings with the IRS? I know nothing about it, and therefore I do not comment on it. Neither do I deal with Tommy Shelton. I have traveled with him through Europe and loved his music. I know nothing about his personal affairs. That is why I do not come with any remarks in this area.

Therefore I did not ask for any evidence in these areas. It was only in one area, and here you ignored completely what I said and started talking about something else. Is that the fair way of dealing with this issue?
Johann

Post by Johann »

Does it ever occur to you people what horrible picture you are painting of the Seventh-day Adventist Church by the false accusations you allow 3ABN of issuing against Linda.

Last edited by Cynthia on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:43 am America/Denver, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split posts to move offtopic issue, and replies to it, to a new thread
The Red Baron

Post by The Red Baron »

Johann wrote:Interesting. You seem to know more about our personal lives than what the real issue is. In stead of replying to what I said, you deal with my personal life, of which I'd say you are quite ignorant.

What have you seen about my dealings with the IRS? I know nothing about it, and therefore I do not comment on it. Neither do I deal with Tommy Shelton. I have traveled with him through Europe and loved his music. I know nothing about his personal affairs. That is why I do not come with any remarks in this area.

Therefore I did not ask for any evidence in these areas. It was only in one area, and here you ignored completely what I said and started talking about something else. Is that the fair way of dealing with this issue?
Johann, this thread was started to point out the futility of anyone entering into the “discussion” at AT unless they were in full agreement with those who control AT. You are one of those in control at AT and therefore share responsibility for what transpires there.

I understand that it is your personal desire to have all conversations focus on LS and also understand that LS is like a daughter to you. I respect how you might feel in that regard. I don’t personally know what, if anything, she is guilty of that led to her being fired by 3ABN. Quite frankly, it’s not my business nor is it yours. I’m convinced she has been a active player in fueling the messiness of the last few years while professing her lack of involvement but that is her decision and if she can live with herself that is her business and not mine.
The Red Baron

Post by The Red Baron »

Johann wrote:Does it ever occur to you people what horrible picture you are painting of the Seventh-day Adventist Church by the false accusations you allow 3ABN of issuing against Linda.

I’m not certain what “you people” means here. I don’t belong to a specific “people” and am not in a position to tell 3ABN what they can and can’t say.

Last edited by Cynthia on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:45 am America/Denver, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic split